Thursday, May 8, 2008

Maveric's Kindergarten Performance

Maveric with his teacher Ms. Hamrick (LOVE this Teacher)
Tonight Maveric had his end of the year performance at school. With Eric being out of town it makes getting anywhere a major accomplishment, much less attempting to make it on time to something like this. I was toting Piper with the other four kids in tow, along with my camera and video camera so that I could record it for Eric. Piper was cranky because she missed her afternoon nap and started crying right when we entered the gym. I thought it was not going to go well. When the music started she was so amazed that she settled down. With one arm I held her and with the other attempted to steady the video camera all while trying to catch great footage of Maveric behind the two rows of much taller kids in front of him!! Why does this happen? Those of you who are teachers out there, please tell me why no one can look at the kids lined up and see that the tall kids should be in the back? Happens every time. Not only to my kids, to a lot of shorter kids. And it wasn't that he did not know the words or hand motions to the songs and they were trying to put the better performing kids in front. I have video! The giant of a kid that was standing in front of him hardly moved, mouth or hands!! Anyway, I did not let it get in the way of enjoying his performance he was so cute!!

No comments: