Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cover Kids

Maveric and Gillian were in the Cover Kids contest through the Parent magazine. I really am not sure why I entered him in this. To me, all of the kids there were so cute, how could you choose just two to be on the cover. And how wrong that they did choose just two. It is really just disturbing to me that two children are basically told that they are better than the other 90 children there. I suppose I should not complain since I am the one that voluntarily submitted my child to this. For Maveric it was the greatest thing ever. He had no clue that he was not a winner! He received a Gold medal and got to walk across a stage with everyone looking at him, with one of his favorite people in the world, Gillian. He also got a case full of cool stuff. So to him it was Awesome. Eric and I had a great time with Kelly and Chris, Gillian's parents. We got lunch at Macaroni Grill where Ali continued to play the Birthday card. She got cake with ice cream along with yet another serenade of the Happy Birthday song. Then Eric took the boys to see Iron Man and the girls and I looked around Opry Mills. All and all a wonderful day, even if it was laden with my beautiful boy not being named the Cover Kid!

No comments: