Friday, June 20, 2008

Where's the fun?

Today we went on a field trip with much fun in mind! We were going to go to the Farmers Market downtown and then play in the fountains at Bicentennial mall. I had never done this before, but had heard that it was a really fun trip to make. All of our kids, plus Bailey and myself headed downtown, and I didn't know where to park. We end up parking in the wrong place realizing it after I fill the meter up with money. Perhaps it was to save the car in front of me from a ticket, their meter was expired so I filled it up too. A policeman helps us to realize where we need to be, we head back to the car, load everyone up and park in the appropriate spot. At the Farmers Market everyone is hungry and ready for lunch, and of course the only place that they want to eat doesn't take check cards. So I have to go to an atm that is not our bank, pay the outrageous fee for getting money, and get everyone lunch. We then went to get some fresh fruit, the peaches were awesome. Then they all wanted to get in the fountains. We walked out to the fountains which are going and everyone runs toward them just as they go off...no water. The city worker comes over to us and lets us know that they are getting them ready to run for the summer. What? It is the middle of June? Are you kidding. We then pack up the disappointed kids and headed to the library where we heard the international puppet festival is going on. I filled the same parking meter back up with money and head in for the puppet show from China. We get to the door and the lady says, "I'm sorry, the show just started so I can't let you in now." So, I take the again disappointed kids upstairs to a smaller outdoor puppet show. The kids find a seat on the carpet and of course an obnoxious brat finds a seat right in front of our kids. He is turned around waving his balloon animal in their faces, trying to take Josh's mini skateboard, up and down, on his knees talking...UGGH! And his Mommy is watching this behavior and does nothing! Piper decides she is not into this at all, so I take her to the side and attempt to keep her from climbing into the fountain. When its over, I ask the kids if they all want to go get a snow cone outside to make the day a little better. The disappointed kids are now all excited and we rush out to the snow cone stand, only to find it closed for the day!! Oh well, I tried, but the fun just escaped us that day.
Eating Chinese @ Farmers Market
Playing on the rails instead of in the fountins
Waiting for the puppet show to begin...before the obnoxious brat showed up!

Group shot in front of the fountain that Piper was trying to swim in.

No comments: