Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Never know who you will see at the grocery

Last night I had about a 3 hour trip to Kroger. I stopped by after Pipers party that we had with my family. She was asleep when I got her out, but we really needed some stuff...some of the kids had boiled eggs for lunch that day!! Anyway, I walked in and saw Shawnah and Kent and I whistled at Shawnah, knowing that she would automatically turn around when she heard it. To my surprise she didn't although the man behind her thought that I was a little desperate holding a sleeping baby while whistling at women in the produce department. Anyway, I caught them admiring the bananas and we began to chat. Kent insisted that we sit down under the gazebo that was set up with a nice set of patio furniture in front of the bakery, so we did. Shawnah kicked her shoes off and we were set. About 30-45 minutes into the conversation, we see Sharon Henley from church and insisted that she join us, Kent got up at this point to go do their shopping. So we all chatted for about 30 minutes. Kent busted up our party and drug Shawnah out of the store. If we would've had some coffee I think we would still be there. Just when I got serious about my shopping, I ran into a friend that I grew up with and another 20 minutes was spent chatting. I finally said I have got to leave this store and call my husband who I'm sure is wondering what in the world has happened to me. But what a fun trip to the grocery! And that patio set is super comfy, try it out!!

2 comments:

The Shingletons said...

Did ya'll continue hanging out under the gazebo??? What fun! Next week let's meet in the chairs out front where we can get some sun. Kent says we could have the kids hold jars and we could make enough money to pay for a housekeeper for each of us! Monday at noon?? I'll call Sharon!

Mandi said...

I want to come lol. Don't you just love Shawnah, I can sit and talk to her forever. I just love hanging with the girls, too bad it is few and far between.