Sunday, January 27, 2008

Church n stuff

We went to the Blend today at church. It is a new "old" service! The music is more traditional such as hymns. I really really enjoyed it Somebody asked me if it was better. I wouldn't say better, but there were things about it that I did like better. Like Ron leading worship, I miss him in the other service. He is immensely talented and a gifted servant. I think what he brings to worship is irreplaceable. He truely ministers to so many in our church, including our family. When my grandmother died a year ago, Ron drove to East Nashville to sing and play at her funeral. When Piper was born, he (and his daughter) came to the hospital to see us and pray over her. He and Eric connected early on in our marriage and he has had a huge spiritual impact on Eric. We love Ron. Anyway, I really liked the intimate atmosphere. I did not like watching Pat on screen, but Piper gets rowdy when he gets up to speak anyway so I always end up watching him on screen from the "nursing moms lounge", so I guess that was not much different than any other Sunday. I would definitely recommend it. The most important aspect of any service is to come expecting to meet the Lord and to give him your attention and praise. Not to be entertained. If a certain style of music helps you to better express your love to God then go with it. Well, I need to get ready for Zumba. If any of you have not tried this class at the Y, you need to. It is so much fun. It is Latin dance for exercise and on any given Sunday, you can find half of the ladies of our church there. This little Latino woman leads the class and I don't know how she keeps her composure while she sees all of the southern ladies attempting her moves! Too funny. A word of advice:Do not stand in the back because you will not be able to see what she is doing and everyone in front of you will be doing something different! Have a wonderful day!

No comments: