Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baby Wise and Random Phobias

What a rainy day! Piper and I have just been hanging out today. She took a very long nap because she stayed up almost all night. I think I need "Baby Wise." Does anyone have a copy I can borrow? I don't know why she has started doing this lately. She wants to sleep on top of me or nurse randomly throughout the night, like a 24 hour all-you-can-eat buffet! If she stirs a little and I am not there she starts crying. I have made the transition from her co-sleeper beside our bed to her bed in her room, but she is still doing the same thing. Which has just made it harder on me because now I am up and down all night. I have heard a lot about Baby Wise but have never read it. I have heard that she will sleep through the night with this magical method, so please if any one has a copy that I can borrow, I would be very grateful. None of the other kids did this, well Maveric did enjoy sleeping with us and still occasionally pulls what I call the ninja. He can get in between Eric and I without us knowing until morning. It's quite impressive. While Piper was taking her nap, I did a lot of cleaning. I mopped floors with a cleaner that left a film on them and so I got to mop them again. I also realized that cleaning sponges are really disgusting. Really, you can only use them one time and then they just look like they are harboring millions of bacteria! Yuck! You know the other thing that really freaks me out? Public swimming pools. I take my kids to them but I can not stand to get in them, especially small ones. I just look at everyone and try to figure out who has bathed and who has not and how long it has been between baths. Then sometimes, there is the creepy couple hanging all over one another in the pool:o This was especially bothersome when we were living in our condo at Nashboro Village. I would take the kids swimming there and just pray that no one needed my assistance in the water. At first, Eric made fun of me, like, "You're crazy!" Then he started thinking about it too, and suddenly was finding excuses not to get in the water. I said, "what's wrong honey, dive in!!" He had to admit it...it was grossing him out too. Got any phobias to share?

3 comments:

The Shingletons said...

Okay, FINE!!! Kent and I will make out in YOUR pool IF you ever get it finished!!! I've been waiting for two summers now for my new make out spot! Get with it!!

The Shingletons said...

Did I mention that BabyWise is evil! Aaron and Jamie used it. I couldn't stand when the boys would spend the night and I had to let them lay in bed and cry. I must admit that it was great after a while. I just put the boys in their beds now and kiss them good
night and they go right to sleep. And ya, Jared, Maci and Molly STILL pull the Ninja trick! Okay, I'm joking about Jared, but it hasn't been that long ago.hehe
Shawnah

Christi said...

It's settled Shawnah and Kent will be our token "creepy couple." Think I'll set special pool hours for you guys! Christi