Saturday, January 26, 2008

Really Fun Girls Night



On Thursday night, my friend Vivian invited the girls and I to go out and celebrate her twin girls birthday. Her sister-in-law Debbie, her daughter Meg and Viv's friend Christy and her daughter Skylar also were along for the fun. She had extra High School Musical tix and had rented the Sweet and Sassy hot pink limo! We met at Macaroni Grill for dinner and then the limo pulled up outside to get all of us. I have never seen a group of girls run so fast. We were getting our cameras ready for a picture and the girls were gone, already in the limo. We made them all get back out for a shot in front of the limo then we were off. It was Hannah Montana blasting on the sound system and girls dancing everywhere! We had the video camera rolling so we decided to get in on the dancing action. You know, there are just moments when you are reminded that you are no longer cool, ie. It was my turn for a dance in front of the video camera and as I am breaking it down in unison I hear "MOMMA STOP!!!" from both of my girls. Yep, no longer cool. That's okay, being cool fell to the bottom if not off of my priority list a long time ago. Say, about the time that I was happy to own and drive a minivan. Back to the evening. High School Musical was awesome. Towards the end, Viv decided that she was going to sing along with the songs which was hysterically funny, but borderline humiliating all at once. I just knew the people around us were going to have us thrown out due to her singing and our laughter. The girls kept asking when they could get back in the limo. It was a super fun night. Savannah had fun while Ali decided that this was definitely the life for her. I'm thinking Saint Cecilia's all girls school for that one! I will try to add some of the pix later.

1 comment:

The Shingletons said...

You are still cool to me! I hated the moment when I realized my kids didn't think I was cool anymore! I figure they just don't have REAL style. So immature that they don't know what "cool" really is! YOU ARE TOTALLY COOL! Hmm...ME TOO!
Later Hot Mama!