Monday, October 27, 2008

Last Weekend

I wish I had some pictures to post because I think it makes reading these posts much more interesting. Friday Ali had her first Pitching lesson. She did very well and she absolutely loved it. Savannah on the other hand wasn't as thrilled because the pitching instructor requires that we bring our own catcher so that she can stand by Ali and watch her form, so Savannah was the lucky girl that was chosen to do this task! Saturday, Savannah had a tournament to finish off their season. After a tough battle going into overtime they ended up second:( Savannah played some great games and I would hate to guess how many pitches she caught, let's just say that is a lot of squats! Also on Saturday we went to the Karate Studio where Maveric took two initial lessons and received his white belt and his loser Mommy never took him back! It is just so hard to fit everything in! Eric and I have been feeling really bad about it and he has had his little karate uniform hanging in his room for months asking when he could go back to karate, so we finally went back. He is going tonight for a refresher course and then he will be in lessons on Tuesday and Thursdays. I think he will be very good at it. He loves anything with lots of rules that he can follow. Sunday we went to church and to lunch then came home to do some much needed cleaning. Which got me thinking about the kids chore charts. We haven't done a very good job lately of keeping up with those and with so many kids in the family it is really impossible for me to keep up with everything. So, I looked online for a printable chore chart and found this website http://milo.handipoints.com where you can create chore charts and then check things off online. I am going to try this and will let you know how it works out. Josh was at Isabel's this weekend and his Grandparents from Germany are here to visit so I can't wait to hear all about it today when I pick him up from school. Piper as usual was just along for the wild ride! I will post more later this week to let you know how the karate lessons went. Also, for more pictures of Maveric's Tiger Scout's visit this website. http://www.scetigers.blogspot.com/ Love to you all!! Christi

2 comments:

The Shingletons said...

I think I might want to try those chore charts. Are my kids too old?? Am I too late? I tried this for years. I'm still not sure if my kids know how to sweep. It's going to be sad when they get their own place. Jared says he can't wait to have his own apt. I'm just saying, "Spooky". I've seen his shower! GROSS! Good luck with chores!
Now that softball and volleyball are over, maybe we can finally get together! I miss you!

Anna said...

You sound just a little busy!! Who are you using for your pitching lessons? I am just curious! I know there is no school on Election day, maybe we could get the kids together and do lunch, a movie, or just hang out..........think about it!! Call me or I will call you!