Monday, April 7, 2008

The Cardinal Chase

Maveric taking a break after the run.
Maveric stops for water

And he is running...
and running. I don't think he knew he could stop.
Ali & Piper
Me, Ali & Piper
Ali slowed down & I got a picture. She is SO fast.
Ali getting her lap marked.
Josh's Teacher Mrs. Wallen & the entire class doing some crazy faces.
(LOVE this teacher!!)

Josh & his friend Austin

Run Forrest Run!!


Josh, Ali & Maveric had a fund raising event at school, well, I shouldn't say a, this was about the 7th fund raiser that they have had. But this was by far the best. I shouldn't even get started on the fund raisers, but I am going there. A couple of the fund raisers that the school does are in partnership with companies that basicaly get rich on us "pimping" our kids out to sell all of their over-priced but cheaply made crap and the school only gets about half of the sales. They get the kids worked into a lather about getting to some absurd level in which they will receive a Wii or an X-Box and we all know that the only kids who make it to that level are the ones whose parents "pimp" themselves out to their co-workers and sell the over-priced but cheaply made crap themselves. So, all that to say that this fund raiser I really like. The kids get donations or sponsorship to run laps outside the school. 100% of the funds go to the school and it is great fun for everyone. I got to see all of our sweet kids run their hearts out. I even joined Ali for a few laps. It was a really great day for a good cause.

No comments: