Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Adoption

I have been thinking so much about adoption lately, which is quite insane since we have 5 children...one of which is a spoiled little princess that thinks she shouldn't really have to sleep at night. I went to Bethany's website and was looking at the Children Waiting for Families list http://www.bethany.org/A55798/bethanyWWW.nsf/0/681DD290876991B0852574B8005A7024
I read over pages and pages of descriptions of children, some with siblings, some without, but all with no parents. I cried. I prayed. I feel drawn to adopt a sibling group. I wondered if Eric feels drawn to adopt a sibling group, thinking NOT! I wondered how we would transport everyone. Passenger van or short bus came to mind. I wondered how all of the children would mesh together. Perhaps a little awkward at first but then I pictured them all playing outside, jumping on the trampoline, riding bikes, exploring in the woods. I wondered how we would all go visit Eric's family in Montana, a small fortune in airfare. All of these thoughts God has the answers to. I just can not escape the thought that there are thousands, wait millions of children who have no one. For now I will keep praying for those children and that God will make it perfectly clear the direction and purpose that he has for our family.

No comments: